- Need to know if someone has opened an email you've sent? Why not check out Hubspot's great free tool for gmail users http://www.getsignals.com. Nothing cheeky about this, it just uses pixel tracking to see if and when an email has been opened. Great for testing subject line open rates. It also provide some great business intel when you are on a website of any company you may be researching.
- When you have a busy day on the road or researching any number of leads on the fly and need to keep things front of mind, a great way to do this is to email yourself a topline note. This puts the note/sitelink/reminder top of the inbox so you can deal with it later that day. Don't open the message until you are ready to deal with it, or assign the email to an 'event' in your diary when you can manage it, but at least you'll know who it's from!
- Free LinkedIn and and Google AdWords credit can be a great way to test lead generation campaign ideas and see what works. Why waste ad budget on small tests, just ask anyone you know who doesn't use their LinkedIn ad credit to send their vouchers along. And for some free starter AdWords credit see here (you may need to spend a bit for this one). My advice is to do the research on how to make ads and landing pages that convert, as well as planning your campaign (from content strategy to lead capture), before you waste the credit on weak ads and promotions.
- Need some free tools for online meetings? https://www.join.me is a great way to screen share (check out the free account version), whilst of course most know the benefits of Skype for that international reach! Or http://www.anymeeting.com is ad supported for the free account, so you can use a platform like this to hone your webinar skills then upgrade when you have your sessions down to a tee.
- Google Alerts is a great way to keep track of those top prospects activity and get instant updates on any intelligence you can use to trigger a 'keep in touch' or other action to help build that relationship. Free, easy to set up and often more valuable then you'd first think when you see the interface. Well played Google!
If you want to know more or need help in developing a lead generation solution for your business, then get in touch with us at ID London.